This MBA will be conducted in English
Ostelea-EAE Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is designed with the objective of training the future leaders of the tourism sector: directors, professionals and entrepreneurs equipped to manage business projects in the tourism and hotel sector at the very highest level. To this end, this programm, developed with EAE Business School- internationally recognised business school*-focuses on the development of executive skills and aptitudes of a strategic nature.
This MBA is also conducted in Spanish in Madrid, in Barcelona and Online methodology
*top 35 world best business school according to the Economy America 2017 ranking
Reasons for studying the Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA at Ostelea:
- Residential programs
- MBA students have the option of taking an international residential program in Tourism at Saxion (Holland), in Finance at ESG UQAM (Montreal, Canada) or in Cross-Cultural Marketing at Kean University (NJ, USA) (at an additional cost).
- Campus to Campus: Option of taking part of the program at Ostelea's Madrid campus. (accommodation not included).
- Executive Skills
- Management Experience: The MBA program developed with EAE Business School allows students work out the key competences for managing projects effectively, Soft Skills.
- Business Game: The program applies a learning methodology based on business simulations, involving the challenge of understanding strategic planning through practice and execution within a context that is a highly realistic reflection of the real world
- Series of meetings with executives from hotel and restaurant companies, and international tourism consultants.
- Program for developing executive competences: Tourism Skills Development Program (TSDP).
- Case study method: The main learning methodology applied throughout the MBA program, which places participants in real business situations so that they have to analyse them and propose their own solutions.
- Employability and Entrepreneurship
- International internships in companies such as Hilton, Tundra Hotels and Melia Hotels, among others learning tourism management.
- Students who want to set up their own business have access to the Entrepreneur Project, offering advice and guidance.
- Employability-focused tuition: Professional Careers programs, Employability Week, Employment Forum, Graduate Programs, among other initiatives (subject to demand).
- Doing Business in Spain Seminar: Entrepreneurs in Spain share their insight into the key factors to take into account in order to be successful and competitive in the Spanish market.
- Other key features
- International faculty: Some of the contents on certain courses will be taught by lecturers from Ostelea's partner universities and business schools.
- Research Group: Members of the Master faculty form part of EAE's Multidisciplinary Tourism Research Group (GRIT-EAE), the scientific output of which focuses on the field of international tourism management.
- Seminars on Hospitality (Barcelona) and Sustainability (Madrid).
- Language: English or French.
The Master is designed for university graduates. Professional experience is not essential. Language certification or interview in English.
- International vision of the tourism industry: Providing an international vision of the tourism industry, together with an adaptable perspective in a changing and competitive global environment.
- Strategic: Ensuring the effective management of tourism companies based on strategic plans and focused on achieving results.
- Needs: Providing a response to the training needs of executives specializing in the tourism sector.
- Innovation: Developing the capacity for innovation and creative management of executives in tourism and hotel companies.
- Future leaders: Training the future leaders of the global hospitality and tourism industry. Equipping participants with the executive skills and competences required of directors and business people in the tourism sector, in order to ensure dynamic, effective and successful leadership.
- Trends: Analysing global trends in the sector and acquiring the perspectives and strategies required to become ethical leaders of global tourism organizations.
To ensure excellent tuition at Ostelea MBA, the role played by our team of teachers is fundamental. As such, Ostelea boasts an excellent team of highly-respected lecturers in each field of tuition.
Ostelea's faculty is comprised of a team of highly qualified and renowned team of university lecturers, professionals and professors, who ensure that the objectives set for each programme and professional activity are met.
Director: Roberto Torregrosa.
Master in Business Administration and Management, majoring in International Business, from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (official), and specialization in Hospitality & Tourism Management from Ostelea (institutional)
Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from the Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality. (institutional).
Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA from EAE Business School. (institutional).
Ostelea gives candidates access to grants in the form of financial aid with the aim of providing support for students.
Hotel director or manager, or manager of other types of tourism establishment
Operational Director or Department Manager in tourism companies.
Corporate Director in hospitality and tourism companies, in any of the functional areas.
Director of companies operating in the tourism sector in general.
Positions of responsibility in companies and public institutions in the sector.
Positions in auxiliary companies in the fields of marketing and commercialization linked to the hospitality and tourism industries.
Business entrepreneur in the tourism sector, or related sectors.
Tourism and hospitality consultant/advisor.
Temario del curso
Ostelea's Hospitality and Tourism Management MBA is divided into 6 modules:
- Global Environment and Markets
- Human Resources Management
- International Management
- Corporate Internationalization
- Master's Thesis
- Elective Courses
The program has the folllowing characteristics:
- Workload of 75 ECTS credits - 540 learning hours (in classroom)
- 45 ECTS credits from signatures
- 15 ECTS credits from final master's project
- 15 ECTS credits from specialization in Hospitality
- Program description
- Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 14:00
- 25 learning hours every week
- Duration: 9 months